- Religion, education, community and relations: some reflections on the APPG inquiry
- GCSE short course results: Briefing paper
- Primary headteachers: Guidance on RE
- RE training bursaries: Briefing paper
- School governors: responsibilities for RE
- Staffing RE: school case studies
School governors: responsibilities for RE
The All Party Parliamentary Group on RE published a report, RE: The Truth Unmasked, in March 2013. The focus of the report was the supply of and support for teachers of RE. It made recommendations about how the staffing of RE could be improved. Whilst some of the recommendations were for action by the DfE, local authorities, training providers and others, a number were for schools.
Dr Barbara Wintersgill, author of the report, has produced two briefing papers for governors which outline schools' responsibilities with regard to RE, give an overview of the problems identified by the report and suggest some actions governors might undertake to bring about improvement in their schools.
Primary briefing paper
Secondary briefing paper