World Congress of Faiths, Collaboration House, 77-79 Charlotte Street, London W1T 4PW
WCF is an individual membership organisation, which aims to contribute to both the identification of shared values and the clarification of essential differences in order that mutual trust and understanding among faith communities may be strengthened. While some members may fulfil a representative role within their faith communities, it is primarily not a representative body, and thus has a considerable freedom to explore both the challenges and enrichments that arise from the interaction of diverse traditions of faith and belief, and to learn more about them.
Contributions to RE
The WCF a charity that celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2012. It employs a part time administrator and has an executive committee comprising of individuals from different faiths.
It supports RE through:
- Organising academic conferences at universities and colleges of higher education
- Publishing the academic journal ‘Interreligious Insight’ three times a year
- Publishing a newsletter ‘One Family’ three times a year
- Organising meetings and weekend conferences.
- Providing speakers for school assemblies and other educational events