The Hockerill Foundation, 3 The Swallows, Harlow, Essex CM17 0AR
The Hockerill Educational Foundation was established as a charity in 1977. Its main emphasis is to make rants in the field of education in three main areas:
- Individual grants to support the education and training of teachers
- Grants to organisations to support teachers and research and development in religious education
- Grants to develop the church’s educational work in the dioceses of Chelmsford and St Albans
Contributions to RE
The Foundation promotes Religious education in a number of ways. In recent years:
- through its work with NATRE on the provision of conferences for PGCE RE students and the introduction of a National Prize for Innovation in RE Teaching in both the Primary and Secondary sectors;
- its support of the Religious education Quality Mark;
- its support for the APPG on Religious education.
In partnership with NATRE, the Hockerill Foundation also provides the education al world of primary and secondary education with a new prize which recognises the work and dedication of those who teach RE, specifically relating to innovation.