- Review of RE a positive step towards safeguarding the subject
- 800,000 secondary pupils lose out on religious literacy: no RE taught in a quarter of all state secondary schools
- Falling numbers of Religious Studies GCSE entries suggests schools struggling to meet legal obligations
- Entries for Religious Studies A level remain high with the fastest growth among arts, humanities and social sciences
- RE News Digest: a round-up of RE news from across the internet
Tue 28th Jul 2015
RE Council expresses sadness at the death of Professor John Hull
It was with great sadness that we learned of the death of Professor John Hull. He died peacefully in the early hours of Tuesday, 28th July, following a serious fall the previous week.
We will remember him with deep affection and respect, we celebrate his inestimable contribution to religious education and we offer our deepest sympathy to his wife Marilyn and their family.
The funeral will take place on Monday 17th August at 12 noon, at All Saints Church (2 Vicarage Rd, Kings Heath, Birmingham, B14 7RA), for those who wish to attend.